Wednesday, October 27, 2010

First attempt at fingerprinting

First I started off  my drawing a grid on the photo, then resized the same grid to fit on the 18"x 24" drawing pad. Then worked on each individual square instead of focusing on the entire work as a whole.

 Once I finished the entire first layer of the drawing. I went back over the entire piece with another layer of fingerprints to block in the grid lines an work with the composition of the entire piece.

Once I finished blocking in the grid lines and built up the dark areas of her face, arm, and hair. I set the piece aside and will give it a once over look again later, maybe within 2-4 days. This way I'm not wrapped up in the piece being complete and can give an unbiased opinion if I feel it is finished or not.

Erica 18"x 24" ink with fingerprints 10/11



No comments: